Today we checked out the 10 most recommendable things to do in Brisbane, Queensland.
- You can bike or hike around the beautiful gardens, the esplanade and dine at one of the many restaurants on the Southbank.
- If you want to enjoy another perspective of Brisbane the “River Cruises” are a good choice.
- If water is not your element then head to the “Mt Coot-tha Lookout”, a place with epic views on Brisbane from above. At night or during the day, it will be worth it.
- A special thrill gives you the “Story Bridge Adventure Climb” where you climb up the bridge. It is another special view but a good treat for the active and sporty people as well.
- If you generally like a bit of outdoor adventure try the “Riverlife Adventure Centre” kayaking or try “Stand-up-Paddling” on a surfboard on the Brisbane river. Here you can also rent bicycles, Inline-skates or do a zip line ride from the Kangaroo Point Cliffs. Australia is a very unique place due to its wildlife, Brisbane has the first Koala protection zone which is called “Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary”. Take a picture with them, feed Kangaroos and learn more about Australia’s wildlife.
- Shopping is best at “Queen Street Mall”, where you will find a variety of shops.
- If your shopping-adventure was exhausting and your watch says beer o’clock you can go for the “XXXX beer” or visit their brewery as well.
- In the evenings you can find live-music at the “Fortitude Valley” where lots of bands have gigs.
- A bit more dramatic is the theatre in the Queensland Performing Arts Centre. Generally the “Queensland Cultural Recinct South” offers has a lot of cultural potential, e.g. the Gallery of Modern Art or the Queensland Museum.
Enjoy your stay!